- Have a list prepared with reference names, titles, telephone numbers and email addresses, be prepared to describe their relationship to you and include the name of the company as well as dates you worked together.
- Be prepared to provide three to five references that include managers that you worked for and peers you have worked with.
- Ask your references for their permission to be used. You don’t want someone caught by surprise when called for a reference.
- Know what your references will say.
- Be prepared to validate College Degrees, Certifications, etc.
- Provide references only upon request.
Speak to a recruiter at Professional Recruiters for additional information and advice.