Windchill System Administrator/Architect
Location: Utah, Colorado, Arizona
Reports to: Engineering Systems Manager
The duties of the Windchill System Administrator/Architect is to install, configure and customize Windchill products for company users.
Other responsibilities include:
- providing technical support;
- server management;
- network or database administration;
- delivering overall Windchill system architecture;
- understanding and defining business requirements;
- developing and implementing solutions in Windchill; and
- providing training and documentation to support transition to BAU
This role is part of the wider company Engineering systems team. As such, it is imperative that this role work collaboratively to deliver an overall solution.
Duties of the Windchill System Administrator/Architect include, but are not limited to:
- Deliver and manage implementations of PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) suite including PDMlink, MPMLink, Service Parts, PartsLink and Thingworx Platform.
- Install, configure and maintain Windchill tools including third party software as applicable.
- Participate in the design, development, installation, configuration and testing of Windchill solutions.
- Provide remote administration of COMPANY’s Windchill environment. This includes but not limited to the following:
- system monitoring;
- reviewing systems logs for errors;
- system patches;
- clean up unreferenced files;
- maintenance build updates;
- tuning; and
- issue resolution.
- Coordinate the creation, deployment and review of COMPANY standards and procedures relevant to COMPANY Engineering Windchill system.
- Provide training and technical support to COMPANY Engineering Systems teams in the deployment and use of COMPANY Engineering Windchill system in conjunction with the COMPANY Learning Management System.
- Coordinate with other team leaders to develop and implement solutions to address COMPANY systems inefficiencies that best serve COMPANY’s manufacturing-focused business.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PTC Windchill experience relating to installing, upgrading, integrating and migrating a Windchill environment;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills are required for multi-faceted interactions with all levels of personnel within the organisation.
- Proficient/Advanced in Microsoft Office Suite; and
- IT skill based experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, or a related field;
- Knowledge of ERP systems (such as Microsoft Dynamics AX/D365);
- Experience working with CAD product structures/data model management techniques and best practices;
- Capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Knowledge of Configuration Management Industry Standards (CMII);
- Proficient/Advanced in Atlassian Confluence;
- Experience working with Windchill in our manufacturing or mining industry would be highly regarded; and
- Experience in gathering PLM business requirements and system development and deployment.