Sr. Software Engineer – Java
Location: Santa Clara
BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world’s most innovative companies, you know you’re making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They’re the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to THE BANK for our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising THE Bank, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at THE BANK and be part of bringing our clients’ world-changing ideas to life. At THE BANK, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities THE BANK serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
This role is part of THE BANK’s Risk, Fraud & Compliance Technology Solutions Group. As a Sr. Software Engineer, primary responsibility will be towards design, development and delivery of Financial Crime Risk and Management solutions and initiatives for THE BANK and its customers.
- Hands-on development experience in Java J2EE and SQL applications
- Working knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and ability to design AWS cloud-native applications
- Experience in AWS, DevOps, building API, Microservices, Integration Solutions
- Experience with streaming in general (e.g. spark streaming) and Kafka/Confluent in particular
- Development and support of Kafka integrations, including topics, producers, consumers and streaming (KStream and KTable) applications
- Development and support of Confluent connect, confluent KSQL, and confluent Schema registry
- Strong hands on expertise in debugging and fixing streaming jobs by reviewing debug logs and configuration tuning
- Demonstrated experience with Application Servers (Tomcat, Websphere, Jetty, JBoss) and Web Servers (Apache, NGINX)
- Experience with distributed source control systems, preferably Git
- Experience in developing high performance server side components
- Actively seeking ways to objectively measure productivity. This will include a focus on automating code quality, code performance, unit testing, and build processing in the CI/CD pipeline
- Strong experience in implementing Enterprise and Vendor applications
- Experience with Agile methodologies, development approaches, and tools (e. g. JIRA)
- Work closely with program managers and other technical managers to deliver the solutions
- Always working to improve yourself and constructively support the team around you.
- Prior financial services or banking experience
- 9+ years experience in full stack software development, especially with Java or Scala with strong SQL background
- 2+ years of hands on experience in AWS, data integration, Kafka/Confluent/Data Streaming development/operational platform experience
- Experience with CI/CD delivery and writing code as a pipeline jobs