Sr. Manager, Program Launch & Continuous Improvement
The Sr. Manager of Program Launch & Continuous Improvement (PLCI) leads a team of approximately 8 to 10 Project Managers which directly support the Colleges of client in the definition, creation, launch, and improvement of courses, programs, and offerings. The Sr. Manager of PLCI is responsible for all personnel leadership duties of the team; as well as, ensuring that the team successfully executes on all short term and long-term goals. The Sr. Manager of PLCI works directly with the leadership teams of each college and the leadership of all the supporting departments and practices at clients which are essential to the successful development and launch of new market offerings such as stackable degree programs, micro-credential offerings, standalone learning events, and corporate partnership personalized training services. The Sr. Manager of PLCI is both a business leader and a leader of project managers. They will oversee the authoring of all the initial New Program Launch Charter documents in coordination with the cross-functional, cross-university, project teams working with the PLCI Project Managers, and they will own the execution of the plans. The Sr. Manager of PLCI will work with all the major departments of the university (Marketing, Institutional Research, Portfolio Strategy, Program Development, Communications, Enrollment, Student Success, Compliance & Accreditation, Finance, State Affiliates, and Academic Engagement) to construct a new program launch project plans and to execute the project plans by leading the cross-functional core team. The PLCI Sr. Manager is the owner of the client Unified Program Lifecycle (UPL) which defines the overall stakeholder responsible and deliverables for programs and offerings from the concept phase to retirement phase. The PLCI team runs the new program intake process, maintains the standard program/offering roadmaps, and drives continuous launch process improvement based on post-launch lessons learned studies.
The Sr. Manager of PLCI will also present results and action plans alongside their colleges colleagues during Monthly Student Success reviews and Weekly College Business Reviews. Overall, the Sr. Manager of PLCI position is a highly visible role at client which is directly responsible for driving forward new programs and new strategies aimed at improving client student success and student outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Manager of Program Launch & Continuous Improvement is responsible for executing all manager functions related to team for staffing, performance planning/reviews, team morale, capacity planning, and personal development.
- In collaboration with the colleges and major university practices/departments, the Senior Manager of PLCI is responsible for authoring, with their Project Managers, the New Program/Offering Launch Charter documents with includes the overall business case for the new program/offering, project timeline, and expected impacts and outcomes.
- Responsible for leading the new program/offering cross-functional project teams assembled to execute the new program launch charters using a combination of traditional and agile project management skills.
- Accountable for the performance of all new program launch project teams led by their project managers and composed of department or practice level project managers and cross-functional individual contributors (the core team) assembled to own the execution of all program lifecycle phase which include market research, program design, program launch, and program sunsetting.
- Directly coordinates with university executive leadership in both the colleges and the practices/departments to communicate future roadmaps & plans, risks mitigation actions, and current status to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures the timely organization, clear leadership, and high-quality management of the bimonthly Program-
- Level Continuous Improvement Solver Team meetings for all Program Clusters.
- Participates in strategy and design events focused on defining and delivering the Next Generation (Education Technology) Platform at client in coordination with academic business partners and technology experts.
- Uses problem solving skills based on Lean Six Sigma statistical techniques and problem-solving methodologies (such as DMAIC – Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) to lead the Program-Level Continuous
- Improvement Solver Teams forward in their identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Uses Change Management skills and tools to best implement the action plans and project plans.
- Utilize the client Program Lifecycle Management system and tools to manage the launch, maintenance, and retirement of courses, programs, and offerings.
- Collaborates with other professionals both inside and outside of the university to promote a positive, “student-obsessed” work environment.
- Consistently exhibits clients Leadership Principles.
- Responds with urgency to organizational needs and exhibits excellent judgment while delivering results.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Ability to influence change and motivate others.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities.
- Ability to stand-up and present results and action plans to large groups at internal meetings.
- Solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules.
- Ability to record and publish meeting minutes, rolling action items, and status reports.
- Ability to use all related computer equipment and applications
- Understanding of statistics and statistical analysis techniques related to continuous improvement
- Problem solving skills: Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate. Future oriented. Assesses what will help or hinder achieving goals. Focuses on what is important.
- Interpersonal skills: Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner. Approaches conflict proactively. Solicits and shares feedback openly. Listens with empathy and maintains composure.
- Accuracy: Draws on facts collected from a broad knowledge of clients goals and processes.
- Adaptability: Corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations. Tackles obstacles appropriately. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Reliability: Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done. Actions are consistent with words. Follows through on commitments. Exhibits exceptional integrity.
- Attitude: Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth. Is self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others. Asserts self appropriately to champion ideas. Tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
- Initiative: Self-directs with a strong tendency for action. Leads the way to improve performance or processes. Displays keen interest in students and organization.
- Working with others: Serves student or employees in a considerate, respectful and unbiased manner, approaches conflict proactively, solicits and shares feedback openly, listens with empathy and maintains composure.
- A Masters or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Software/Information Management, Business Management, or Higher-Education Leadership. Education must be from an accredited institution.
- Education is verified.
- Minimum 5 years’ professional experience in a role that required extensive Project/Change Management skills in a large organization (5000+ employees).
- Minimum of 3 years of manager experience or equivalent project management experience leading a team of project managers or similar professionals.
- Excellent understanding of Project Management theory/techniques and demonstrated execution.
- Strong understand of Lean Six Sigma problem solving tools and techniques.
- Strong understanding and skills in Change Management or the ability to be certified to Prosci ADKAR.
- Project Management qualification (PMI-PMP) or equivalent. Or, the ability to be certified in 12 months.
- Experience managing a new product launch or product lifecycle management team.
- Experience working in a university or institution of higher education.
- Experience developing and or launching new educational programs or offerings.
- Experience with program or product lifecycle management systems.
- Green Belt or Black Belt
- Lean Silver or Gold certification
To apply send a resume to [email protected]