Sr Director of Enterprise Architecture
Location: Utah, Tempe, Az., Santa Clara, Ca., Austin, Tx., Atlanta, Ga.. Charlotte, NC
The Company serves some of the most innovative companies in the world. Their clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Inspired by them, we’re changing the face of banking. Their clients have redefined products in many areas of the global economy, and every day we power their ability to do so. And we need leaders with the same can-do attitude as Their clients. We’re looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking and wealth management experience on a global scale.
The Senior Director of Enterprise Architecture will support the Architecture Center for Enablement, within the office of the CTO, in defining, designing, and driving the development of, core re-usable technology capabilities across the bank enterprise.
He/she will build and lead a team of strong domain and enterprise architects focused on accelerating the development of the NorthStar reference architecture, building blueprints and reference apps, building new horizontal capabilities, advancing the maturity of Their Enterprise Architecture functions and driving adoption of these capabilities across the entire The Bank tech portfolio.
The ideal candidate for this role will possess a very strong architecture experience, particular in highly scalable, cloud-first financial systems. The candidate should have significant experience in agile delivery methodologies and have a data driven approach to decision making. The candidate must have prior experience in leading architecture or software development in regulated financial services. This role will require strong influencing and negotiating skills across all levels in the organization.
This role will report into the Chief Architect. He/she will work closely with the senior leadership team of CTO, parallel technology centers for enablement and other stakeholders to drive the strong, cohesive technology investments across the bank.
More about the role:
- Design and evangelization of enterprise-wide core platform initiatives
- Lead architecture of platforms that underpin the next generation Applications supporting users across security, privacy, identity, transactions and data.
- Lead Research and choice the right tools and technology stack based on scalability, latency and performance needs.
- Collaborate with globally distributed engineering teams, product managers, designers, user researchers, business unit managers, marketing executives, and customers.
- Be well versed in taking teams from legacy to modern cloud and microservices based architectures.
- Ability to quickly learn & master new business domains to drive the right design and decisions
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and achieve results amidst constraints.
- Proven experience in building, leading and inspiring high functioning technology teams
- Understanding and experience designing systems which are deployed in cloud-based containerized environments (Kubernetes) and orchestration solutions including OpenShift, ECS/EKS/Fargate.
- Deep understanding of best design and software engineering practices – design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, identity protection.
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Architect and design leading solutions with a strong focus on security, performance and scalability. Hands on experience with TDD is a plus.
- Experience working in regulated financial services and with different banking applications.
- Extraordinary communication & presentation skills.
- Experience working with enterprise scale Data assets such as MDM, EDW and Data Lake is a plus.
- Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms for all levels of organization.
- Experience building, and working with distributed teams.
- Your heart at the right place, good sense of humor, live their values, and ability to form connections with the people you work with
- Bachelors Degree (masters in CS or related field preferred)
- At least 5 years leading high performing teams in a large enterprise
- At least 10 years of software development, solutions architect, or architect experience
- At least 8 years of experience designing, developing, and architecting enterprise-scale systems
- At least 7 years of experience in application architecture, design patterns, and cloud patterns
To apply send resume to [email protected]