Senior Cost Accountant
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Cost Accountant is responsible for the accounting of product costs recognized in cost of sales and inventory. The Senior Cost Accountant coordinates maintenance of standard cost data, and accounts for all manufacturing variations, scrap and rework costs in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate maintenance of standard cost information, including training of personnel who maintain cost data in Engineering, Purchasing and Operations.
- Calculate and report cost of sales and margins for all product lines using the ERP system.
- Account for manufacturing variances, scrap and rework cost, and product returns. Produce internal information to facilitate control of these costs.
- Reconcile inventory dollars between the ERP system perpetual inventory and the general ledger.
- Reconcile physical inventories at all warehouse locations.
- Maintain labor system and report manufacturing labor productivity information. Analyze results as required.
- Review coding of invoices for Accounts Payable processing for inventory items including outsourcing, remanufactured and rebuild products, and rework charges.
- Process NCR’s requiring finance department input to include issuing of debit memos and reconciliation of related transactions, scrap and rework costs.
- Support Cost Accounting Manager in coordinating the interaction of systems and procedures within the cost accounting function with other departments. Assist in recommending and implementing process improvements.
- Some travel required.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Comply with all Finance Department and Company policies, procedures, and programs.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Ensure the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between departments.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Office products and mid-range or mainframe hardware including ability to extract data.
- Excellent organization, oral and written communication, motivation, human relations, records keeping, trouble shooting, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to promote and maintain positive relationships.
- Good work ethic – proactive.
- Confidence in own abilities and capable of acting decisively.
- Ability to project and maintain professionalism with a diversity of people inside and outside the Company.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations and maintain attention to detail.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; five or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply send resume to [email protected]