Project Financial Controller
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES SUMMARY:
Advises and supports the business in areas related to future state financial performance. Provides Finance consulting and coaching and financial insight on market conditions, competitors, and alternative business scenarios.
- Manages the life cycle for Projects, Products and Services in Industry or Region
- Monitors and Analyses Performance of Offerings (KPI‘s)
- Monitors and Analyses full P&L and NWC
Gathers, Monitors and Analyses:
- Market Trends
- Competition (offerings, go-to-market strategies, Products & Services)
- Impact and results related to strategic initiatives.
- Ad hoc support to designated area.
- Ownership of the complete product line and life cycle responsibility within area
- Defines standardization and standard cost for projects and products.
- Supports strategies for product development, go-to-market and supply chain.
- May support Research and Development (R&D) for product development
- Promotes a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company’s operational activities.
A Senior Individual Contributor applies advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education and/or technical education as well as work experience. Responsibilities may include managing projects / processes, working independently with limited supervision, and coaching, delegating and reviewing the work of lower-level employees. Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
Do you want to make a difference in the world and contribute to a sustainable future? The company believes they can develop the technology and gain the know-how to make that difference, tackling the climate challenge. It’s a big responsibility, and they have committed to do it.. They need your skills, curiosity and drive for change to fulfil our goal. Together, they enable their customers to produce the materials needed for a better future.
- Work closely with the IOD project managers to monitor and control the finance performance of the assigned project portfolio.
- Perform variance analysis of monthly actuals vs as-sold vs latest forecast, prepare margin waterfall analysis for key projects.
- Generate accurate and timely project forecast and actual reporting.
- Proactively engage with IOD project managers to identify mitigating actions to protect and improve project margin.
- Reduce margin erosion throughout execution.
- Establish/ improve project governance processes, i.e. project billing, project cost control and variance analysis, project cashflow analysis, change order management, risk mitigation, receivables tracking and escalation, postmortem analysis.
- Work across local entities to track external and internal orders associated with the project; report accurate end-to end project profitability.
- Ensure accurate project information is reported in Power BI analytic tools, local ERPs and consolidation tool.
- Ensure prompt validation and reconciliation across all financial systems of the project financial metrics (OI, Rec, CM, backlog).
- Escalate material issues promptly to the Finance Business Partner – Global Product Group.
- Improve and simplify project financial controlling processes; standardize and automate project reporting; work with
- FSCC to offshore project accounting tasks.
- Coach project managers on financial tools and reporting, increase financial knowledge across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA a plus.
- Individual contributor role – no supervisory responsibilities.
- Prior experience as Controller and/or Senior Finance analyst required.
- 5-7 years in a project controlling role, in a complex global engineering environment.
- Challenge the status quo, provide world-class project financial reporting and analysis.
- Successful experience in partnering with project managers to improve profitability and maintain/improved as sold margin during project execution.
- Knowledge of project cost control and POC accounting / PA module in Oracle or equivalent.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Competitive benefit package including health, dental, disability, life, and voluntary insurance options. Time to recharge through PTO, plus 10 annual holidays, and parental leave.
- Work-life balance with a flexible work schedule so you can focus on professional and personal priorities. Retirement preparation with a 401(k) and company matching.
- Financial support for continuing education.
- Annual bonuses.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- An equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. A global network of supportive colleagues and growth opportunities.
To apply send resume to [email protected]