Location: Mesa, AZ
OVERVIEW AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Payroll Manager will provide day-to-day leadership of the Payroll Department which ensures the swift and accurate completion of pay for employees and vendors of clients and help facilitate clients freedom, choice, and opportunity. The Payroll Manager will be in charge of organizing and overseeing any updates, changes, or onboarding needs of the company payroll processes and systems. They will perform duties that require an understanding of payroll policies, compliance, and procedures with a strong level of customer service. The ideal candidate has managerial and leadership experience and will be in charge of supervising and delegating responsibilities to an assistant payroll manager, payroll leads, and processors.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of all Payroll specific policies and procedures in compliance with all federal, state, and local legal requirements including DOL and IRS compliance.
- Provides leadership, supervision, coaching, feedback, development, and discipline (as necessary) to the Payroll team that consist of 2+ direct reports and numerous indirect reports, and acts as role model within organization.
- Ensures that Payroll members effectively perform the essential functions of their positions while meeting and/or exceeding all customer and contractual expectations and requirements.
- Promotes quality assurance, and ensures all necessary controls are in place within the Payroll department. Facilitates timely corrective and preventive actions to address all quality, training, and performance issues.
- Consistently identifies opportunities for improvement and works with the VP, Operations to identify, test, and implement short-term and long-term resolutions (including process improvement, new technology and training of team members).
- Overall responsibility for the management of the department budget and ensures that resources are available to meet contractual responsibilities.
- Openly and proactively communicates relevant business information (i.e. new business, new policies, expectations) to direct reports through regular one-on-ones and performance management policies and procedures. Open and proactive communication to indirect staff (where applicable) through regular departmental meetings.
- Participate in cross-departmental meetings and facilitate effective cross-departmental communication. Represent the best interests of client and the clients served when interacting with all stakeholders.
- Use strategic and solutions-oriented thinking to complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize and meet rigid deadlines.
- Able to occasionally work other than typical work hours to meet high volume demands.
- Ensure proper escalation to senior management where appropriate
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned.
- ALL client employees will be vigilant to support the positive compliant cybersecurity company posture by familiarizing themselves with all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines and act accordingly.
- Credentials as a Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) strongly preferred
- Five plus years payroll management experience, US and Canada including 3-4 years multi-state payroll required
- Project management and systems implementation experience
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Maintain confidential information when required by legal or ethical standards and professionalism to ensure the privacy of employee records
- Attention to manage multiple tasks and details in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet rigid deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to occasionally work other than normal work hours due to increased work loads
- Completion of college-level accounting courses
- Experience managing a team with a track record of exceeding expectations
To apply send a resume to [email protected]