Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
Location: Lehi, UT
The ideal candidate should have strong and broad technical accounting and SEC reporting experience along with a high level of knowledge of GAAP with an ability to research various accounting topics and communicate, through both written and verbal methods, the appropriate application of those accounting topics. The candidate should have the ability to apply GAAP in an effective manner as well as have knowledge of industry best practices in accounting and business.
The individual in this position will report directly to the Director of Accounting and will be responsible for the Company’s external financial and SEC reporting, technical accounting, including researching complex transactions, determining treatment along with the Corporate accounting team, and documenting findings, assist with the administration of the Company’s equity award program and software platform, assist in SOX compliance functions, preparation of balance sheet and cash flow forecasts and all other tasks as assigned.
The candidate must have strong leadership and influencing skills, as well as relationship building and collaboration, judgment, teamwork, people management, and the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and manage the preparation of U.S. GAAP financial statements, including the preparation of SEC Forms 10-K and 10-Q and underlying supporting schedules and calculations, including the preparation of the consolidated statement of cash flows and basic and fully diluted earnings per share calculations.
- Assist with the preparation and filing of Form 4s and Proxy statements.
- Analyze complex transactions and determine appropriate U.S. GAAP treatment and communicate findings through verbal communication and written documentation.
- Perform necessary accounting for equity and stock-based compensation transactions
- Assist in administering the Company’s equity award program, including maintain and updating the equity plan tracking software, tracking of awards and vesting events, and administering the employee stock purchase program.
- Assist the Director of Accounting and Corporate Controller with coordination of third-party internal audit function to develop, drive and improve internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002.
- Assist in preparation for quarterly reviews and annual audits from external auditors.
- Assist the finance team in the development and preparation of balance sheet and cash flow budgets and forecasts
- Preparation of annual 401k financial statements and assistance / coordination with 401k audit activities
- Participate in cross-functional teams to maintain a high level of employee competence for sustained and self-reliant performance and achievement of the department and company goals.
- Perform other related accounting/financial duties as requested by the accounting organization leadership.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Three to six years of progressive accounting experience (public accounting and SEC reporting experience preferred).
- Auditing experience of public companies at a reputable CPA firm.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP.
- Working understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and COSO.
- Experience preparing or reviewing financial statements, including the preparation of
- statement of cash flows.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with others and work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to be able to identify, pro-actively propose system and process improvements.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- High degree of accuracy, strong attention to detail but also able to look at the “big picture”.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Master’s degree in Accounting or MBA preferred.
- Active Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply send resume to [email protected]