Interior Designer | Interior Architect
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Client is a group of architects, interior designers, and custom fabricators. They are a Salt Lake City-based studio that enjoys having our main space in the heart of Downtown, with our Fabrication facility just a few blocks away. Our energy is spent in diverse ways, with a wide range of architectural projects like the world’s most pet-friendly hotel in Kanab for Best Friends Animal Society, ‘Kings Crown,” the largest on-mountain ski-in-ski out development in Park City, affordable housing projects, custom residences, art galleries, as well as boutique office spaces. We also like to challenge ourselves in the other segment of our studio, which includes designing, fabricating, and installing fast-paced projects like Open LA for Airbnb, Sundance venues for Facebook, TNT, YouTube & Sundance TV, along with high-profile projects like the “infinity Ballroom” for the Screen Actors Guild awards ceremony after party.
Client is searching for creative people to join our award-winning studio that share our passion for producing high-quality work. Because they are a boutique-sized operation, the position will demand strong team collaboration skills and a comfort level with working on all stages of a project, from conceptualization through the technical construction phases.
Compensation is a base salary and additional compensation as a percentage of projects brought into the studio (5% of net design fees). We believe the more effort you put into the position, the more you should be rewarded; therefore, there are no limits on the earning potential of this position.
Join us on our mission if you are an Interior Designer/Architect who has:
● The ability to develop design options in collaboration with the design studio including architects, interior designers, and custom fabricators
● Experience coordinating specifications writing, shop drawings, and PO approval
● Experience in hospitality (hotel, restaurant/bar/spa), offices, retail, and/or high-end residential interior design experience.
● Understanding of commercial and residential purchasing processes
● A professional degree and 3-5 years of professional experience as an Interior Designer or Architect with a particular focus on Interiors
● Experience in furniture and millwork design; knowledge of Interiors details, millwork drawings and FF&E
● Strong knowledge of local vendors and regional vendors in furniture fabrics, light fixtures, plumbing etc..
● Excellent communication skills
● Strong conceptual and design skills
● The ability to prepare, develop and edit drawings as they relate to the project, knowledge of local codes
● Should have strong ability with REVIT, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite
● Strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and budget time
● Ability to take the initiative in response to direction from managers
● A flexible and open attitude toward new ways of working
● AIA / NCIDQ licensure and/or LEED certification are assets
To apply send resume to [email protected]