Location: Keokuk, IL and Tucson, AZ
You will be a part of the leading brand in the mining industries. And we want to become even better.
We also know we can only drive success and excellence with competent, passionate, and engaged employees.
We know you want to be successful at work and at home, and together we can ensure that both our business goals and your personal aspirations are met.
The HSE Manager will be responsible for driving a comprehensive portfolio of initiatives around health, safety, environment, for the Tucson manufacturing site.
This position reports to the NAMER Region HSE Manager and will also function as a member of the local Plant Management team
- Lead and develop on-site HSE manager at the Manufacturing units.
- Ensure global performance programs are implemented within the manufacturing site , evaluate yearly performance and propose improvements
- In cooperation with Region HSE manager for NAMER Manufacturing follow up and provide status on HSE investment projects
- Ensure compliance to Company’s minimum requirements, international, regional and local legislation and best practices
- Secure streamlined training across site of workforce i.e. emergency, onboarding and culture developing programs are conducted
- Participate in and conduct region audits, safety walks, inspections and maintain local management review of performance programs
- Perform overall analysis and investigation of hazard risks, incidents, near miss and HSE observations ensuring accurate reporting, mitigation activities are implemented
- Validate data accuracy in systems and ensure timely reporting, contribute to quarterly/annual reports
- Ensure HSE are incorporated as part of the daily manufacturing operations i.e. lean manufacturing, collect performance and provide guidance on performance
- Apply global HSE strategies in at the Manufacturing site achieving a ‘best in class’ reputation for Company.
- Ensure safe working environments at TUS Manufacturing site
- Support Company’s sustainability ambition by executing company-wide actions and identifying region-specific opportunities
- Confirm compliance with HSE legislation
- Support region leaders with HSE documentation, HSE Plans, emergency plans, campus and security advice, etc.
- Lead onsite audits, emergency drills, training, inspections, PPE validation, and investigations; proactively perform risk analyses and other preventative measures
- Obtain and maintain relevant certifications such as ISO and OSHA standards
- Apply a visual leadership style to instill a safety culture that drives desired behaviors and equips region leaders with tools to support this culture and agenda
- Enable the organization to train and develop an engaged and skilled safety-minded workforce; select and manage HSE contractors
- Deliver timely reports, clear communication, and polished presentations to the regional and global teams
- Maintain working knowledge of industry trends, customer requirements, and HSE challenges
What you bring
- A minimum of 5+ years of HSE experience with a strong focus in the heavy industrial and/or manufacturing industry with a preference within a international organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in an HSE field or Legal/Engineering; master’s degree with leadership training preferred
- Insight in ISOS standards as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 or OHSAS 18001
- Thorough understanding of legislation in North American countries
- Strong leadership skills including communication, collaboration, influence, teambuilding, and proactivity
- Ability to emulate Company’s Culture (Trust, Empowerment, Accountability, Collaboration, Honesty) and displaying customer-focus and operational excellence
What we offer
- Competitive benefit package including health, disability, life, and voluntary insurance options
- Time to recharge through PTO, 10 annual holidays, and parental leave
- Retirement preparation with a 401(k) and company match
- And some extra help when you need it through our Employee Assistance Program
- An equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace
- A global network of supportive colleagues and growth opportunities
- Work-life balance with flexible options so you can focus on professional and personal priorities
To apply send resume to [email protected]