Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Reporting to the HR Manager the HR Generalist is responsible for providing professional, technical and administrative HR assistance and support services to all employees and managers in a uniform, highly confidential and professional manner. Provides HR support for various aspects of HR including orientation, training, performance management, benefits, and ADP/HRB for all company personnel in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Counsels employees/dependents to health and welfare plans
- Resolves employee complaints related to health and welfare plans to ensure their understanding and compliance with benefit policies and regulations
- Responsible for Environmental, Health and Safety management and policy commitments
- Refers difficult or very complex complaints to Human Resources Manager as needed
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues
- Post and recruit for all hourly and hourly temporary positions as well as set up pre-employment screenings and background reviews per guidelines and Company policy.
- Collaborate with management for effective recruitment: needs in recruitment, candidate profile identification, advertisement of a new opening, work with recruitment agencies or any relevant recruitment source, interview and organization of interview with line managers, selection, job offer.
- Conducts new employee benefit orientation in a manner to ensure employees gain an understanding of company policies and practices
- Advises managers/supervisors in interpretation and application of human resources policies and procedures; provides technical expertise on human resources management related issues.
- Advises managers/supervisors in interpretation and application of Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA); provides technical expertise when applicable.
- Maintains accurate HR policies and ensures accessibility of forms, and employee handbook to all employees
- Conducts exit interviews with separating employees when appropriate.
- Consult management on goals setting, talent pool identification and talent management processes
- Provides separated employees with required documentation.
- Acts as liaison for unemployment and benefit claims
- Provides accurate employee data to requesting departments
- Recognizes employees’ personal events (i.e. marriages, births, bereavement, illnesses, hospitalizations, etc.)
- Administers leave policies including PTO/vacation, sick leaves, FMLA, STD, LTD in accordance with guidelines.
- Maintains list of renew dates, birthdays and coordinates company anniversaries, retirements and other social activities
- Uses bulletin boards and other vehicles to communicate information and ensure legal compliance.
- Assists in organizational/individual training and development efforts
- Administrate the Short Term and Long Term Disability in accordance to the guidelines and policy.
- Assist in Return to Work process to ensure proper policies and procedures are followed.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Database, HRIS, Project Management, Spreadsheet, Word Processing, Intermediate Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet
Two-year Associate Degree in Business Administration or Human Resources, or work experience equivalent is required. Four-year degree highly preferred.