Head of Finance Technology – Corporate Systems & Data
Location: Utah, Tempe, Santa Clara, Austin, Charlotte, Atlanta.
Head of Finance Technology – Corporate Systems & Data
About The Company:
The company is the most sought-after financial partner in the global innovation economy. We bring together entrepreneurs, investors, ventures capitalists, and private equity firms to move their bold ideas forward, fast. Our clients define what comes next.
In the past 35 years, we have accumulated more experience with start-ups and high-growth tech than any other company in the world. In fact, a majority of the most compelling Fintech disruptors bank with us. We help our clients grow, too. More than half of the innovation companies that completed an IPO in the last two years were our clients.
Our accomplishments serve as motivation to continue pushing ourselves, and we are committed to delivering user-centered, high-impact solutions to our clients. We are looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking experience on a global scale.
About the Role:
The Head of Finance Technology will be responsible for ensuring that intended business outcomes of the ‘Office of the CFO’ divisions of the Bank are achieved, via the successful delivery of business and technology initiatives, varying in complexity and impact. In this role you will work with the Finance business leaders to understand their growth strategies and transformation needs, and drive technology delivery of the planned initiatives.
As the Head of Finance Technology, you will oversee multiple Agile teams comprising of engineers, scrum masters and analysts for the Finance Technology portfolio, tasked with demand/capacity planning, resource allocation, release planning and timely delivery of initiatives. You will partner with the various Finance business & product development leaders to build transformation roadmaps for their respective departments and drive the entire portfolio to Agile delivery. You will ensure successful delivery of key Digital Finance transformation and LFI initiatives in flight.
We are on a journey to a 100% Agile, Cloud, API & DevSecOps driven technology organization. This position will play a key role in accelerating our journey within Corporate Systems & Data, which supports Finance, Accounting, Risk, Compliance & Enterprise Data business units. This role will report to Divisional CIO, Corporate Systems & Data.
Once Here You Will:
- Lead multiple Agile engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the systems utilized by the bank’s Finance, Accounting, Treasury, FP&A,
- Procurement & Regulatory Reporting processes
- Lead the transformation of these platforms to align with business goals around growth, customer experience, compliance, and regulatory reporting
- Lead technology delivery of key Digital Finance transformation and LFI initiatives
- Work with business stakeholders to prioritize technology initiatives and develop cross-platform impact plans
- Partner closely with product development leaders to drive the entire portfolio to Agile delivery
- Collaborate with teams distributed across functional areas and geographic locations to ensure successful delivery
- Foster robust engineering practices and lead high-functioning engineering teams
- Envision and deliver operational processes and technologies necessary to improve reliability of core systems
- Implement best practice continuous improvement processes that prioritize incident analysis and remediation, with a constant emphasis on automation and prevention
- Investigate feasibility of emerging technologies to enhance customer experience and determine cost, benefit, and applicability
- Leverage effective vendor management with a focus on a higher level of vendor engagement, vendor relationship building and ultimately enhanced vendor performance
- Attract and mentor a highly performant team in an exciting, inclusive, and collaborative environment
What You’ll Bring:
- Passion for achieving excellence in delivery, solving complex problems, and taking ownership
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 10+ years of experience with software/product development leveraging Agile, public cloud (AWS), DevSecOps & API’s
- 10+ years of industry experience (corporate/commercial banking and/or e-commerce at a leading global bank, technology vendor, industry analyst firm, or management consultancy) with a focus on leading Finance Technology
- 5+ years of experience in leading technology implementations of Digital Finance and LFI initiatives
- 5+ years of experience driving technology solutions in Finance, Accounting, Treasury, FP&A, Procurement & Regulatory Reporting domains
- 5+ years of experience implementing Financial systems such as Oracle ERP, Oracle OFSAA, Blackline, Calypso, Axiom SL etc
- 5+ years of experience in direct and indirect people management
- Experience leading Agile transformations and changing both organizational mindset and practices to an Agile way of working
- Experience leveraging established enterprise data patterns for delivering high quality, automated financial reports
- Experience deploying automated solutions using Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Experience managing key vendor and strategic partner relationships
- Ability to actively influence customers and business partners to solve problems and ensures products and services are utilized effectively and efficiently
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, including both traditional waterfall and Agile delivery
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with onshore – offshore distributed Agile teams
- Outstanding written and verbal skills
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Building People Capability
- Engages with employees to develop a clear perception of long-term capabilities/potential, and to provide balanced feedback/guiding principles
- Gives practical support and guiding principles for growing capabilities, not just technical skills
- Systematically develops employees through stretch assignments with specific competency development goals
- Uses informal and structured approaches to career development to focus on individual improvement over time
- Supports promotion of own people when talent is needed elsewhere and provides individuals with development opportunities
- Collaborating and Influencing
- Negotiates with a genuine give-and-take approach, where parties act as true peers and decisions are shared
- Spends time identifying all stakeholders necessary and meets or connects with all of them, neglecting no one to shape a collective consensus
- Identifies opportunities to build relationships that will help others achieve their objectives and reaches out to those people or new people
- Has a passion for achieving excellence in delivery, solving complex problems, and taking ownership
- Acts to surpass goals, seizing opportunities to push the envelope
- Sets continually higher goals that are ambitious but realistic for self and team, geared to organizational objectives
- Focuses on new business opportunities that enable business development targets to be exceeded