Location: Bliss, ID
Farm Manager reporting to General Manager. Beautiful Central Idaho, 5000 acres.
Do you have farming experience growing row crops and can prioritize problems/solutions? Can you make agronomic and watering decisions? Are you good with numbers and making number decisions? Looking to advance in your farm management responsibilities with people, crops and budgets? Consider this opportunity with a well known, respected Idaho farm that enjoys positive a positive business reputation as well as considerable growth.
This Farm Manager will manage all aspects of crop production and land stewardship on all assigned fields. This will include being accountable for the overall management, resources, opportunities, people, progress and profit maximization of the farm unit.
This farm is a large row-crop farm located in seven counties in Southern Idaho. The farm uses various forms of enhanced technology for its operations. The farm started in 1981 and has grown and evolved steadily ever since.
Fulltime position with benefits: relocation assistance. Base plus bonus. Vehicle. Insurance. Client eager to fill top Farm Manager role.
- Assist in development of annual field, crop, and unit input budgets.
- Manage crop production for best possible yield and quality. This may include the following crops: alfalfa, beans, beets, potatoes, corn, squash, watermelon, and pumpkins.
- Manage, maintain, and improve the lands farmed for the greatest possible productivity and sustainable husbandry.
- Manage and work with the Irrigation Foreman to ensure that the irrigators and irrigation systems are providing timely and even applications of water to the crops.
- Help formulate pre-season plans for all activities and applications for each individual field.
- Continually evaluate yield, quality, and production costs for efficiencies and improvements that will maximize crop revenues.
- Assist in recruiting talented personnel to accomplish company and unit goals.
- Supervise and be accountable for the planting of each crop in each field. If crops do not start right, they cannot end right.
- Continuously, in conjunction with agronomist, scout crops for water requirements, fertility, pests, and weeds and take appropriate action to meet yield and quality goals.
- Record all crop inputs and applications.
- Work closely with landowners to inform them of any process that may affect them.
- Coordinate with the Director of Field Operations for all actions involving farm equipment. This includes use of controlling calendars for all field operations.
- Attend and participate in all assigned management and other meetings.
- Speak up when something does not seem to be right or is not in alignment with stated company objectives and goals.
- Computers and technology will be used extensively.
Current production consists of potatoes, which are grown and marketed to the fresh, processing and dehy markets. We also partner in a local potato packing facility. Additionally, sugar beets are produced and marketed through Snake River Sugar. Smaller quantities of hay, corn, watermelons, squash, and pumpkins are also produced.
Irrigation technition, and Irrigators (Direct reports could range between 5-15 depending on time of year)
Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
Strong base/bonus/benefits/vehicle and relocation assistance. Reports to General Manager.