Enterprise Solutions Architect Digital and Mobile
Location: Digital, Tempe, SLC, Santa Clara, Austin, Atlanta, Charlotte
Make Next Happen Now. For more than 30 years, The Company has helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. The Company provides targeted financial services and expertise through its offices in innovation centers across the world. With commercial, international, and private banking services, The Company helps address the unique needs of innovators.
Our business is undergoing transformation and shift towards using public cloud and we need experienced architects to help us in moving the monolithic systems to modern cloud-based solutions.
Our clients have redefined products in many areas of the global economy, and every day we power their ability to do so. And we need leaders with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We’re looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking experience on a global scale. The ideal candidate will lead architecture and will collaborate w/ product managers and engineering teams on building world class digital and mobile systems with automated client onboarding and straight thru processing for operational efficiencies. You will collaborate closely with teams across the organization to provide strategic direction and guidance related to the expanding and rapidly evolving digital landscape.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Lead the teams building various online and mobile products at a large technology or fintech organizations
- Lead a team of 40+ talented engineers
- Ensure team delivers with high quality and predictability
- Partner with Product managers, Sales and marketing teams in developing technology vision and roadmap for digital
- Partner closely with peer engineering leaders to ensure we operate as a single team
- Proven leadership with ability to lead multiple teams configurations in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- A willingness to mentor people inside/outside of the Information Technology department on best practices, system design principles, and computing industry trends
- Able to articulate the tradeoffs at the application, system, and department level to the internal customer in a credible way during the whole lifecycle of the technology adoption to decommission. To clearly explain issues of reliability, scalability, and extensibility with respect to a technical solution
- Demonstrated ability to bring the benefits of technology to solve business issues while also managing costs and risk Able to influence decisions at various levels of corporate management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
Collaborate with other architects in the organization (Solutions Architects, Data Architects, Enterprise Architects etc.) and engineers on specific solutions related to the online banking domain. Align with other stakeholders in The Company (Security, Privacy, Legal) to ensure compliance to The Company standards
Be a key contributor on architectural governance, decisions related to projects, and participate as part of a cross functional architecture decision group both collaboratively within Intel and as an externally regarded leader in the space.
About the role:
- Be the online banking domain expert in The Company – The one-stop shop for technical and non-technical teams to have strategic and tactical discussions related to the online banking domain
- Understanding of the technologies, the data model, and the access patterns.
- In collaboration with Solution Architects, research and identify the right tools and technology stack based on scalability, latency, and performance needs.
- In collaboration with Solution Architects, assess technical feasibility by building rapid PoCs, find technological solutions for gaps, and create strategic IP as necessary.
- Work closely with User Experience Designers and Product Owners to translate specs into consumer facing functionality
- Collaborate with globally distributed Engineering Teams, Product Managers, Designers, User Researchers,
- Business Unit Managers, Marketing Executives, and Customers.
- Be well versed in taking teams from legacy to modern architecture in production
- Ability to learn & master new business domain to drive the right design
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and achieve results amidst constraints.
- Expert in the online banking domain in the US and preferably other geographies (explicitly EMEA)
- Proven experience in building solution using AWS platform.
- Understand containerization (Kubernetes based) and orchestration solutions including OpenShift, EKS/Fargae
- Experience building Responsive Mobile, Online Applications and API’s using a developer platform
- Exposure to Swagger and Open API banking specifications
- Deep understanding of best design and software engineering practices – design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, identity protection.
- Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Architect and design leading solutions with a strong focus on security, performance, and scalability. Hands on experience with TDD is a plus.
- Experience with Security, Privacy, Identity concepts is a plus.
- Experience working in FinTechs & with different banking applications is a strong plus
- Experience working with Data assets such as MDM, EDW and Data Lake is a plus
- Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms for all levels of organization
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Your heart at the right place, good sense of humor, live our values, and ability to form connections with the people you work with
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS, EE or equivalent
- At least 10 years of software development, solutions architect, or architect experience
- At least 7 years of experience designing, developing, and architecting enterprise systems
- At least 7 years of experience in application architecture, design patterns, and cloud patterns
- At least 5 years’ experience as a domain architect or a principal architect in the online banking space
- Experience w/ architecting online banking solutions in a commercial bank is a plus
- Excellent understanding of the business and product aspects of the online banking ecosystem
- Experience in interacting w/ senior leadership, including to C-suite
- Extraordinary communication & presentation skills.
Nice to have Qualifications
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience with architectural patterns, building APIs and microservices.
- 3+ years building cloud native architectures, architecting enterprise applications on public cloud platforms and cloud ecosystems including AWS, GCP or Azure
- 7+ years architecting highly scalable and reliable back-end systems in production
- Experience speaking in conferences and other industry forums
- Experience and knowledge of consumer online banking (private banking, retail or fintech)
To apply send a resume to [email protected]