Director, Project Management
Location: Lehi, UT
Project/Program (Admin) Management – Management 1-5: Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects. May use statistical analysis systems as appropriate. Plans and directs schedules and monitors budget/spending. Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/program on schedule and within budget constraints. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
The role of the Director of Project Management is to manage a team of Project Manager to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Director of Project Management will define project management tools to be used when managing projects. Director of Project Management will ensure project’s objectives are met and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Director of Project Management will be responsible for frequently meeting with internal departments to determine major company projects and assigning out to other PMs. The Director of Project Management will lead the Project Management team and create/plan trainings to ensure the Project Managers are properly trained for their positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Create and perform training for Project Management team.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Not only manage projects but handle day-to-day activities which may fall outside of Project Management role.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and manage project dependencies/critical path and track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, test cases and presentations and ensure documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Build, develop, and grow relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to process map and support process improvement projects across organizations
- Must have ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Project Management Software, and Visio
- Effectively communicates relevant project information to stakeholders and across the organization
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion and understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database, and system design.
- Strong interpersonal skills with customer service skills
- Ability to listen to employees and/or distributors to determine their questions and/or needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong project management skills
- Time Management
- Critical thinking skills
Education and/or Experience
10+ years direct work in Project Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PMP Certification preferred but not required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply send resume to [email protected]