DEVOPS Functional Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Overall quality of life in Salt Lake City is unparalleled. Young professionals are always happily surprised by the job opportunities, strong housing market, and our vibrant downtown. Truly unparalleled access to nature, a healthy population, and an impressive arts community make Salt Lake City a wonderful place to live for people of all ages.
DEVOPS Functional Manager will coordinate and manage all activities associated with their organization. This includes but is not limited to hiring, staffing, overhead budget control, yearly Work Order submittals, training, security compliance (CMMC), technology advancement and tool upgrade roadmap. Responsibility for yearly performance assessments, promotions and salary increases as well as disciplinary actions when required. This position requires excellent communications skills, both written and oral. A high degree of coordination with other functional groups is required to solve problems for programs and keep both programs supported and the technological advances that support those programs while increasing efficiency and provide technical advantage for the company.
Competencies: The successful DEVOPS functional manager shall have the following competencies:
- The ability to think and draw conclusions quickly, adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans and priorities to meet changing needs.
- Plans for and uses resources efficiently, looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and adjusts budgets, contributes to budget planning.
- Understand financial side of business to generate revenue and enhances value (i.e., increasing revenues, improving productivity, and reducing costs). Organizes and manages and prioritize individual’s day-to-day work and resources.
- Handles customer questions and complaints, communicates with customers, handles service problems, available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Defines roles and responsibilities, motivates and challenges employees, delegates effectively, rewards contributions, manages collaboratively.
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism.
Education: This position requires a minimum of 10 years of experience in software DEVOPS and a BS CS or equivalent experience.
Special Requirements: This position is for the manager of the DEVOPS group and as such knowledge in the following areas is required:
- Supervising day-to-day development infrastructure support activities for a team of DEVOPS team members spanning multiple applications and environments (UNIX, Windows and LINUX).
- Responsible for setting the short-term and long-term strategy and upgrade path for tools and techniques.
- Promote and champion automated DEVOPS pipeline techniques and introducing new software DEVOPS technology to support the next generation of Build Automation, Test and Deployment processes.
Apply by sending a resume to [email protected]