Customer Support Technician
Location: Canada – can be located in British Columbia, preferably Kamloops, Montreal, Timmins and/or Labrador
The Customer Support Technician (CST) liaises directly with the company’s North American customer base, both on-site and via the company’s Customer Relations department.
The CST acts as a key point of contact for service requests and is responsible for the commissioning, maintenance and training of customer site personnel in relation to the company suite of technologies. The CST will also work in conjunction with the Customer Service Specialist to recommend and follow up spare parts sales through to receipt of the customer purchase order.
North American CSTs are expected to provide sales support to the company’s customer base, working alongside the Customer Service Manager to proactively identify opportunities for further business development (e.g. service solutions, spare parts) as an integral aspect of their role.
In addition, an important aspect of the CST role involves instruction in the technical aspects of the company technologies and training of North American employees to the high standards required in order to service our equipment.
The CST will be required to travel to customer mine sites for all aspects of service work including repairs, fault-finding, troubleshooting and warranty work.
- Commissioning, fault-finding / repairing, maintaining and monitoring the company equipment at mine sites
- Ensuring that Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) is carried out as appropriate on the company equipment to ensure detection of early signs of damage which could lead to component failure
- Providing sales support to the company’s customer base (where required) in conjunction with the Customer Service Manager
- Liaising with the Customer Service Manager and the company’s Customer Relations Department so as to ensure that customer feedback occurs in a timely manner
- Training mine site personnel and the company employees in the use of our specialized equipment
- Ensuring timely completion of timesheets and other administrative paperwork
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Journeyman Crane Technician, Diesel Technician, Electrician, Mechanic or similar trade qualification
- High-level written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to represent the company to staff of all levels at mine sites and other organizations
- Outgoing personality that allows the individual to confidently make contact by telephone and conduct face-to-face meetings with persons not previously known
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail with respect to paperwork processing
- Well-developed IT skills, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office
- Ability to undergo and satisfy all site requirements, including medical examinations
and the provision of personal records as requested by individual customer sites
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or other relevant discipline
- Working proficiency in written and spoken English and French, ideally with additional translation skills
- At least 1 year’s hard rock mining industry experience
- Experience of mine site working conditions
- Experience working to Australian engineering Standards
- Business development and sales experience
- Knowledge of and a wide range of contacts within the North American hard rock mining industry
- Knowledge of and experience with the maintenance programs of grinding mills, in particular relining
- Possession of a current driver’s license
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, unrestricted international driver’s license
- A current, valid passport
- You will need to work flexible hours in order to meet the requirements of this position. Typically a working day will consist of 12 hours’ work, but this may be exceeded whilst travelling to and from site.
- This position involves both domestic and international travel, with a range of negotiated site days to be achieved. ‘Site days’ are days spent travelling to / from and working on the company customer mine sites.
- You may also be required to attend the company offices to undertake administrative duties.
To apply send resume to [email protected]