Chief People Officer
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief People Officer plays a key role on the leadership team in building a highly engaged team and supporting a culture that will fuel our growth and support our mission to build a Seriously Nice organization.
We are looking for a strong and visible leader to help us build a best-in-class People team and company culture. In this role, you will drive the People strategy at our headquarters in Salt Lake City and around the company’s hub locations. You will have the unique opportunity to drive our talent strategy as we hire and develop Team Members to support our significant growth as we take delivery of a new opportunities every month for the next six years.
The ideal candidate for the Chief People Officer position:
Brings a strong record as an effective communicator and business partner, leading people with proven skills in influencing people management functions and an ability to implement people strategies across all levels of an organization, including meaningfully interaction with the Board of Directors, senior leadership team, headquarters staff and with front line employees in the field. Strong experience coaching, advising, and influencing senior managers. Ability to work with a diverse group of leaders to build consensus around the people agenda. A strong track record in attracting, managing, and developing strong teams with the appropriate leadership, structure, coaching, delegating, training, and development skills.
Building the Culture
Brings strong interpersonal and communications skills combined with a passion for highly visible personal leadership throughout the organization and with actions that will advance a team member and guest culture through actions that drive team member engagement and support of the company’s core values.
Talent Management & Development
Experience in assessing, designing, and executing talent processes to recruit, develop and maintain top performance to support the needs of organization. Ensure clarity in roles & responsibilities, a competency model and framework for assessing skills and performance, and an approach to leadership development that accelerates performance.
A strategic business partner to the CEO and leadership team, serving as trusted advisor to both leaders and team members. Help drive alignment among leaders and exhibit leadership by bringing the right people together on the right topics needed to drive the business forward in a unified fashion.
HR Functional Leadership
A team player with communicating effective business strategies through people – structure, capabilities, roles & responsibilities. Ability to organize and deliver all the disciplines of human resources, including compensation, benefits, internal communications, HRIS, and compliance to deliver on an employee value proposition that supports the business strategy. Streamline processes to simplify organizational adoption and quality execution of the fundamentals.
Track record of implementing the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities, what to measure and how to measure it. Can identify process gaps and put processes to improve organization effectiveness.
High-Service, Dispersed Organization
Extensive experience in a consumer service organization is ideal; familiarity with consumer service organization is essential. Must be effective in and passionate about building a team member culture and managing people issues for a highly dispersed field workforce, with a strong brand and consumer orientation.
- 10 years of Human Resources management experience with leadership roles in several functional HR areas and exposure to all areas of the HR organization
- Strong presence, high energy, engaged, authentic; instills trust; and maintains and develops strong relationships with team members at all levels
- Will manage 10 direct reports in house and an additional 10 reports working remote
- Experience in employee centric business with a focus on delivering strong customer service.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; thrives in a dynamic, change environment focused on performance
- Results oriented; driven, proactive and focused; guided by metrics and measurable results
- Formulates clear & balanced point of view
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and be hands-on
- Highest standards of integrity; aligned with company values
- Passionate about culture, team member engagement, airlines, technology, travel and our guests
- Bachelor’s degree required, Human Resources or related field preferred but not required
To apply please send resumes to [email protected]