Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager position is responsible for working closely with the product development team and the customers to recommend and develop new products, revisions, maintenance of existing products, and overall evaluation within the long term product strategy. He or she should be innovative in the various methods utilized to gather input from customers and do so on a regular basis. They are also responsible for conducting competitive analyses and market research in order to position the product appropriately in the market. He or she will work with sales and marketing in the creation of marketing materials, including key message points, and with industry publications/press in product promotion.
- Gather input from customers, competitive analysis, industry trends, market research, analysts, and internal employees to develop and drive agreement on the strategic product vision and roadmap for each of our existing and future products.
- Identify potential product/service opportunities in the marketplace and communicate to upper management
- Conduct marketplace and competitor analysis in order to gain industry insights and adjust product management plan as necessary.
- Work with existing customers to ensure that products are meeting market needs and are customer driven.
- Translate market conditions and customer feedback into succinct product requirements.
- Responsible for the development and management of product offerings, including new and current product development, re-orders, and updates.
- Develop sales and marketing plans, which effectively highlight value proposition of the solution.
- Support the sales engineers in technical discussions and product offerings with customers.
- Manage the design, production, distribution, and supervision of all editorial processed for the communication pieces including layout, design, compliance and printing.
- Develop a product launch plan for any major release, including working with marketing on the messaging, product reviews, sales training, and support training
- Update product messaging, sales tools, and collateral, including the corporate presentation, web site content including webinars and product demos, product brochures, and data sheets.
- Provide vision and leadership to product teams.
- Develop and manage product schedules to hit key milestones and production deadlines.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline. MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
5+ years of experience in product/brand management preferred, including familiarity with P&L, cost models, and inventory management.
- Ability to build and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies.
- Demonstrated initiative, business judgment, leadership, and problem solving abilities are essential; ability to prioritize and work independently is required.
- Successful performance in project management, effective communication, cross-functional interaction, and exercising sound judgment
- Background in pre and post sales consulting or support is strongly desired.
- Strong presentation skills to all audience sizes and types are required.
- Industrial experience, preferably in an OEM supply situation would be very helpful.
- Familiarity with the x-ray, high vacuum, and high voltage technologies and industrial applications of x-rays.
To apply send resume to [email protected]