System Technician II
The System Technician II will perform his/her job responsibilities from the offices of Company and customer locations as required. Company office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Intermittent out of town travel and after normal business hours work may be required.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Prior knowledge and experience with low voltage electrical, powder-actuated tools, audio visual equipment, and system integration is required. Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) certification is a plus.
Good manual dexterity is necessary to carry out the primary responsibilities of this position. Care and good judgment in the handling of fragile and/or expensive equipment is required. The ST will need to show an ability to prioritize, work independently, and coordinate with other technicians on jobsites. He/she should demonstrate initiative and an understanding of audiovisual industry theory, practices, and standards.
The System Technician needs to be able to comfortably interact with customers, product suppliers, and other business associates on the phone and in person. He/she will be expected to deliver excellent customer service, preserve current customer and manufacturer relationships, and represent the company in a courteous, ethical, and professional manner. A clean, professional appearance will be required.
Company does not allow tobacco use during working hours (on or off premises) and employees are expected to be free of the odor of tobacco during working hours. Proof of valid driver’s license, insurance, and a good driving record are required, and every employee must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Maintain and manage a clean and organized shop environment.
- Assist with product shipping and receiving.
- Build cables; terminate and solder various terminations; build and dress equipment racks.
- Install displays, screens, basic control systems, basic audio systems, and other system components without supervision.
- Set up and configure videoconferencing codecs and troubleshoot configuration of control systems without supervision.
- Supervise basic installations on-site in the areas of quality control, task delegation, and entry- level training of new technicians.
- Possess a working knowledge of integration, including video and audio theory, control, and connectivity.
- Assist with setting up and tearing down for tradeshows and other company events.
- Perform various maintenance tasks within the office as required.
- Utilize a team approach with co-workers to ensure the customer’s needs are promptly met.
The above list of Essential Functions is designed to highlight the primary duties of the position and should not be interpreted as total or complete. Due to the size of the company, all employees may need to perform duties outside of their primary responsibilities to better serve the customer.
The System Technician II must be able to perform all the essential functions of the position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a physically demanding job which requires an energetic person without serious health issues or chronic injuries which may interfere with or be aggravated by the required job duties. In addition, the ST:
1. Must be comfortable with climbing ladders to reach commercial height ceilings for various office maintenance tasks and/or installation tasks such as ceiling speaker installations, mounting of projectors, etc.
2. Must be able to work in confined spaces, including in crawl spaces such as commercial ceilings and under tables for pulling and managing cable, etc.
3. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. for installation of flat-panel displays, equipment racks, and mounting hardware as well as transportation of equipment to customer location.
4. Must be able to sit / squat comfortably for long periods of time for cable terminations and rack building.
Company promotes a safety-conscious work environment. All technicians must attend and pass safety training prior to being allowed on job sites as well as attend regular refresher trainings throughout their employment. Safety violations are taken very seriously and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination. The safety record of all applicants and employees is strongly considered for the purposes of hiring and promotion.
To apply send a resume to [email protected]