Software Engineer II
Location: Tempe, AZ
Return to Search
- Analyze business functions around PeopleSoft Accounts Payable, PeopleSoft Asset Management and General Ledger module.
- Work independently and with limited direction to prioritize tasks and organize workflow under narrow time limitations, and appropriately communicate changes and progress.
- Superior collaboration and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management and staff.
- Construct presentations and communications in a logical manner, sensitive to diverse audience’s needs.
- Consult with the business and IT management to identify and document needs, objectives, current operational procedures and problems.
- Design PeopleSoft solutions to meet user needs in terms of functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Work closely with business stakeholders and vendors/development partners to understand users’ needs.
- Develop solution designs around business needs incorporating configurable solutions while minimizing custom development.
- Analyze, document, review, and receive approval for business functional and non-functional requirements.
- Conduct and complete fit/gap analysis.
- Write and maintain functional specifications for new and modified functions.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement plans to test business and functional processes during system development and quality assurance testing.
- Work with the business to identify test scenarios and translate to specific test cases and corresponding data sets.
- Perform testing to ensure requirements are satisfied by developed/configured solution, and addressing any issues.
- Estimating, Planning, Organizing and collaborating for delivery with large cross functional teams, small teams as well as taking sole ownership of the task and produce necessary deliverables
Influence the change control team on best practices of handling code migrations between environments.
- Participate in the rollout of any changes to the production environment and the setting of new standards using change control, documentation, and full communication with the operations and Third level support for development/production support issues.
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise scale PeopleSoft Financial systems including Accounts Payable, Asset Management, General Ledger.
- Experience in Procure to Pay life cycle involving PeopleSoft Financial systems and cloud base procurement system is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Information Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Extensive prior work experience as Analyst, with systems and application management
- Experience working in information technology domain within Banking or Financial Services industry
- Highly proficient with desktop tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project, and technical communication platforms and collaboration tools such as SharePoint or Jira
- Demonstrated writing/editing/proofreading/content development skills, and the ability to gather and present information in an effective and consistent manner, with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Experience with systems implementation projects
- Experience with development coding and relational database (SQL) queries
- Advanced knowledge and analytical skills of systems integration through web services, ETL, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels within the organization
- Experience with production and disaster recovery systems/application support
- Ability to execute and prioritize multiple tasks, initiate and conduct meetings with team and peers
- Able work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to streamline complex requirements to simplify Business Processes
- Experience in recommending best practices for building data visualizations using Tableau
- Strong analytic skills and ability to develop and implement analytical data models and dashboard and reports using Tableau to enable customers to analyze data and make business decisions
- Must be willing to collaborate and engage with a global team which will involve some early morning or late evening meetings