Human Resources Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Reporting to: HR Director & General Manager
We are looking for a passionate, hands-on Human Resources (HR) Manager to join our team onsite in Salt Lake City, Utah.
HR Manager will have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from recruiting to onboarding, and from employee compensation to development. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor law, and looking to kickstart your career in the field, this is the place to be.
Your role as an HR Manager will be far from one-dimensional. You’ll undertake a wide range of HR tasks, like organizing trainings, administering employee benefits and leaves, and crafting HR policies. And you’ll also act as the main point of contact for employees on HR-related topics.
The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
Promoting company values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete HR Manager job description.
The key responsibilities or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various type of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position.
- Contributing member of the leadership team; provide expertise and hands-on support in the areas of talent management, performance management, staffing, strategic recruiting, learning and development and implementing best-in-class processes.
- Ensures legal compliance throughout human resource management (e.g., EEO reporting, ACA, 300 logs, FMLA, 401(k) Retirement plan, 5500’s. etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining HRIS system and effectively processing bi-weekly payrolls.
- Promotes, measures and executes employee engagement events and programs to create a positive organizational culture and employee retention.
- Actively engage employees in annual benefits enrollment, communications and process changes.
- Actively recruit top talent into the organization, write and place advertisements, screen and interview candidates, and administer onboarding and exit processes.
- Gathers and analyzes benchmark data and trends; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Partners closely with site leaders and employees to proactively identify, develop and recommended solutions to enhance the employee experience, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Creates and nurtures a positive work environment by supporting all team members with an open-door policy.
- Enhances employee job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, communicating updates and organizing team building activities.
- Provides performance coaching, counseling and disciplinary strategies.
- Ensures the confidentiality and discretion of all employee information, empathetically navigates employee relations and other sensitive issues.
- Coordinates efforts with site leaders to ensure a safe workplace for all employees. Handles worker’s compensation claims and safety investigations.
- Other HR duties as required.
Recommended Minimum Qualifications:
Education and Experience: or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the key responsibilities of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Four (4) years relevant HR experience within a progressive Human Resources environment in a fast-paced, mid-sized (100-250 person) manufacturing environment
- Proven experience as an HR Manager. SHRM certified preferred.
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local law to reduce legal risk and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Paylocity and/or HRIS software required.
- Aptitude in problem-solving and ability to work independently and as a team with a results-driven approach and able to prioritize in a dynamic, ever-changing environment with minimal direction.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to display integrity and ethics in handling confidential information.
- Experience with implementation of new policies and establishing new processes.
- Expertise in employee relations, FMLA, EEO and ADA guidelines, workers compensation, etc.
- Functions as a collaborative HR Team member and actively participate in meetings, projects and initiatives.
- Solution provider with a positive, hands-on, “can-do “attitude.
Physical and Mental Requirements
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position’s essential functions and responsibilities.
- The demands are in the nature to stand, sit, and move within the office
- Utilization of office equipment and the capacity to lift up to 20 pounds
- Duties may involve hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity
- Ability to quickly inspect and detect discrepancies in fine details
- Ability to read, see, and differentiate between color not required
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time onsite position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Scheduling flexibility required to accommodate to workload.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age (40 or over), national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or pregnancy-related conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change by the employer, as needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply send resume to [email protected]