Hardware Integration Engineer
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
As a Hardware/Software Test Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and implementing test system designs for new products and modifications of existing products with minimal input from project management. Responsible for leading test system projects to complete on time and on budget. Responsible for creating, reviewing, testing, and releasing new test designs for manufacturing, Engineering development, and product certification use.
- Develop requirements for test stations.
- Develop software for test stations.
- Perform peer reviews for requirements and code.
- Perform testing of test software.
- Perform systems-level testing of test stations.
- Develop test plans and test reports.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- 6+ years in C programming experience.
- 4+ years in product testing experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience working with digital circuits.
- Knowledge of NI Test Stand, LabWindows/CVI; IEEE488 GPIB controllers/drivers, environmental temperature chambers.
- Experience with avionics communication busses. i.e. ARINC 429/717, 1553, I2C, RS-232, and RS-422.
- Ability to execute troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making under the guidance of a mentor.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products such as PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and possess good interpersonal and communications skills.
- Familiarity with L-band pulsed high-power transmitters and receivers.
- Experience with RF and automated RF test equipment is preferred.
- Demonstrates willingness to engage in continuous learning.
- Demonstrate ability to develop/debug complex C programs.
- Demonstrate ability to work well within a team.
To apply send resume to [email protected]